ABOUT OUR AIRPORT
Proudly owned and operated by the Township of Georgian Bluffs. The Airport welcomes commercial and recreational pilots, visitors and business professionals to our facility which is conveniently located just two hours north of Toronto on the Bruce Peninsula and Niagara Escarpment. The airport provides a wealth of value to the Grey and Bruce Counties as a regional facility with a 24-hour Human Weather Observer onsite. Located on 820 acres of land, just two kilometres outside of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada.
We are a Canada Customs Airport of Entry and a Transport Canada Certified facility with services available 365 days per year. The airport has two runways and a joining taxiway system, and a public apron. The primary runway boasts a variety of IFR approaches. The secondary runway has a compact gravel surface. The airport provides both AVGAS and Jet A with additive, aircraft parking areas and hosts a public terminal building with a pilot's lounge, accompanied with private shower, that is available 24 hours per day. The terminal building was dedicated to Eileen Vollick, the first licensed female pilot in Canada.
- Co-ordinates: N44° 44' 39" W81° 06' 31"
- Elevation: 728ft/222m AMSL
- Runway Primary: 05-23 — asphalt 5,033ft/1534m long, 150ft/45m wide
- Runway Secondary: 11-29 — gravel 3,456/1053m long, 100ft/30m wide
- Developable Land: 820 acres/332 hectares
- Communication Frequency: London Radio 123.375, Wiarton Advisory 122.2, Enroute Broadcasting 126.7
- Ownership: Township of Georgian Bluffs
- Certifications: Transport Canada Certified facility
- Customs: Canada Customs Airport of Entry
- Population: 161,977 in Grey-Bruce Counties
- Close Proximity: Georgian College, Regional Hospital, Bruce Power, Bruce Peninsula Trail, Georgian Bay, Owen Sound Harbour